Summer is fast approaching and I really dislike hot foods or anything that takes too long when its hot outside. I love having fresh, homemade jam around for easy sandwiches or quick snacks. It also goes nicely with oatmeal if you like eating that in the morning. This jam is one of my favorites as I’ve been getting lots of raspberries at Sprouts lately. I even throw a few raspberries in my daily hibiscus water I drink every day. I’ve been trying to eat healthier or at least foods without all the junk in them so I get all my items at Sprouts or Whole Foods since I don’t have time to get to the local farmers market.
Remember you can experiment with other fruit if you like. I will have a blueberry version of this jam in a few days as well.
- 3 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup (you can add more if you prefer it a bit sweeter)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- Over medium heat, add raspberries and maple syrup in a small sauce pan and cook until berries get soft and release their juices.
- Stir often, a wire wisk works well. About 5-10 minutes, depending on size of berries.
- Stir in chia seeds and continue cooking, stirring often, until thickened. About 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Keep refrigerated up to 10 days.
Here is another pic of this yummy jam for you to ponder. 🙂